Hugh Symons AV Returns Policy
All returns requests must be submitted on a Return to Manufacturer Authorisation (RMA) request form. The RMA is only valid for 28 days from date of issue. After this the RMA number will be cancelled, a new RMA number authorisation will have to be formally applied for in the normal manner. Any goods returned without authorisation from Hugh Symons will be returned to the sender, who will incur any delivery costs associated with the item. In all circumstances the manufacturers warranty criteria must be observed, Hugh Symons will apply these policies in all cases.
Dead On Arrival (DOA)
This form must be completed in full and returned to Hugh Symons AV for authorisation before any goods are returned. Items may be returned for credit, repair or replacement (at the discretion of Hugh Symons) only if the items meet the criteria laid down within the Manufacturers DOA policy. The Returns Authorisation request must meet the criteria as laid out in the manufacturer policy guidelines.
Any faulty goods falling outside of the terms of the Manufacturers Faulty Goods policy must be dealt with directly between the end user and the manufacturer. Contact numbers for all the manufacturers are available on request.
Goods Purchased in Error
Any goods ordered in error may be returned upon request to Hugh Symons. If the return is authorised it will be subject to a fee of 20% of the value of the returned goods. All costs to return the goods must be borne by the sender.
Goods Sold in Error
If incorrect goods are delivered, these will be collected F.O.C. and the correct goods will be dispatched. A credit note will be issued upon receipt of the incorrectly supplied goods.
Goods Returned for Credit/Replacement
All goods returned to Hugh Symons AV must meet the following criteria:
- The equipment must be in the original packaging, and in original condition.
- The manufacturers packaging must not be defaced in anyway.
- The equipment is complete, including discs, chargers, accessories, manuals etc.
Any product received that does not meet the above criteria may be rejected at the discretion of the Customer Services team. All manufacturers’ policies are available on request.
Hugh Symons Returns Procedure
Faulty Goods Returns Procedure
- Approval for the return of equipment is obtained by completing a Return to Manufacturer Authorisation (RMA) and faxing the completed form to 0870 849 0216
- RMA request forms are available from Customer Services on 0870 849 0215 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Before ANY return can be authorised, the RMA request form must be fully completed, including the following information:
- Hugh Symons original sales order number.
- Date Received.
- Hugh Symons AV Stock Code
- Serial number / IMEI number (if applicable)
- Fault description, provide specific details; ‘FAULTY/DOA’ is not acceptable.
- You MUST ensure that the product to be returned is complete, including original packaging, discs, chargers, accessories, manuals etc.
- On receipt of the completed RMA request form from the customer, the Customer Service team will approve the request providing, all details are satisfactory, a Returns Authorisation Number will then be issued.
- Returned items must be handled, packed and transported in such a way as to ensure that no damage can occur to the equipment during transit. Additional care should be taken in particular for Non Faulty Goods Returns. NO labels should be placed on the manufacturer’s original packaging. All outer packaging should be clearly marked with the RMA Number.
- On receipt of the returned equipment it will be subject to inspection to ensure that it meets the following acceptance criteria:
- The equipment is complete.
- The equipment is actually faulty, unless being returned under a Non Faulty goods return agreement.
- The equipment has not been subjected to customer damage.
- Non Faulty goods have been returned in a re-saleable condition.
- The equipment has been returned within the 28 day RMA limit.
- Any item(s) found that do not meet this criteria, may be returned to the originator at the customer’s expense.
- Provided, that during the inspection the equipment passes the acceptance checks detailed above, a Credit Note or replacement item(s) will be issued to cover the equipment returned, at the original invoiced price, less any restocking fees if applicable.
- Any item(s) received by Hugh Symons AV Customer Services which are subsequently found to be not authorised with a valid RMA number, may be returned to the customer at their own expense.
- Any item(s) received claiming to be faulty, but during inspection found to be no fault found, will be returned to the customer at their own expense.